Unless you have been living under a rock chances are that you’ve heard people speaking about hyaluronic acid or a mispronounced version of it. Recent times have not only seen the rise of the use of hyaluronic acid (commonly known as HA) but people are also choosing to spend their time watching other people using the product on TikTok. As Kylie Jenner released her own hyaluronic acid serum this week, you could say HA is really having a moment. It’s no surprise that the molecule is expected to continue rising in popularity to have a market share of $23billion by 2027. So, what is all this hype about and is hyaluronic acid and vitamin C the key to ageing as well as Jennifer Aniston? Here is all you need to know about the miracle product.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
When we want to keep our skin hydrated splashing water on our face isn’t the solution. Instead, we need substances that lock in moisture. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural sugar found in our skin that keeps it hydrated and plump. Our skin naturally makes hyaluronic acid, but as we get older the amount our skin produces depletes. Cue dry skin, fine lines and a break down about getting older.
You may be wondering: how does HA keep the skin hydrated? Hyaluronic acid is a moisture-binding molecule. It is a type of glycosaminoglycan, meaning it is a substance that is incredible at holding onto water. Where does it get all this water from? It acts as a humectant, drawing moisture from its surroundings into the upper layers of the skin. This is why if you are living in a dry climate the molecule might not be as effective. The substance holds in so much moisture that one single gram of hyaluronic acid can hold up to six litres of water. That’s more than you drink a day!
From serums to sheet masks and even injectables, everyone is finding a way to get their hands on this anti-ageing goodness. Hyaluronic acid is so powerful at providing moisture to your face that you will only need to use it in one product in your routine to see the effects.
Why should I be using Hyaluronic Acid?
In the early 2000s, beauty products marketed themselves by explaining their beneficial qualities. For example, summer glow, holiday skin, revitalising toner and repairing treatment are all labels that highlight what the product does but not what the product is. Now, beauty companies are being more transparent with the ingredients in their products to the extent that the ingredients now sell themselves. You may be wondering what you are getting when you pick a hyaluronic acid product off the shelf or click it into the checkout. HA has numerous benefits for your skin that make it worth adding to your daily skin routine.
- Some people may resort to Botox to tighten their skin, but hyaluronic acid and vitamin C also have the capability to tone your face to keep you looking young.
- Remember what you looked like five years ago? Hyaluronic acid can help you look like a more hydrated version of that with its anti-ageing effects.
- HA reduces fine lines, pigmentation and wrinkles in its hydration process.
- HA helps you avoid droopy, saggy skin and gives you a plump complexion. This will keep you looking fresh and wide awake even when your caffeine levels dip.
- The combination of hyaluronic acid and vitamin C protects your skin from free radicals present in air pollutants, chemicals, and cigarette smoke that take the life out of your face. This antioxidant combination brightens skin and calms irritation.
- The substance can reduce the size of surface wounds on the skin and act as pain relief to these areas.
- Serums with hyaluronic acid most often have a weightless texture meaning it can be used both morning and night.
Fether’s anti-ageing serum
So how can you get your hands on hyaluronic acid? Our hyaluronic acid and vitamin C anti- ageing serum combines the benefits of both ingredients to give you bright, moisturised skin. This is the must-have product for every skin type. If looking young forever isn’t enough to entice you, the serum is vegan, cruelty free and naturally nourishing. What’s stopping you? Head to our website and land yourself a firmer and more radiant face today Anti-Ageing Collagen Serum